Sandakan Wildlife Safari
This tour combines a visit to Selingan island (1 night) and also Sukau Rainforest Lodge (2 nights) for the wildlife lovers, along with a trip to Sepilok Orang-Utan and Bornean Sun Bear Centres, in Sandakan. If we have time, the Rainforest Discovery Center in Sepilok area.
SandakanSelingan IslandSukau Rainforest LodgeSepilok
- 01 Night at Selingan Island
- Observe the endangered Orangutans at Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
- Learn about the smallest bear in the world at Borneo Sunbear Conservations Centre
- 02 Nights at Sukau Rainforest Lodge, National Geographic unique lodges of the world, Superior Room. Travel by speedboat
- 02 afternoon river cruises and 01 early morning river cruise in search of Borneo’s wildlife and bird life.
- Nature walk along Hornbill Boardwalk and Attenborough Boardwalk to learn about the flora in the area and maybe even sight some wildlife and bird life.
- Explore the delights of Borneo’s tropical rainforests at Rainforest Discovery Centre
- Learn about the Prisoners of War during World War II at Sandakan Memorial Park
Day 1: Selingan Island
Arrive Sandakan Airport by morning flight, transfer to jetty for one-hour boat ride to Selingan Island. Free at leisure to explore island, swim and snorkel. After dinner, wait for signal from the Park Ranger before proceeding to watch Green Turtle lay eggs on the beach, transplanting of eggs to hatchery and release of baby turtles to the sea. Stay overnight in Twin-Share room. (Lunch & Dinner)
Day 2: Sandakan - Sepilok
Return to Sandakan by boat. Transfer to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. We proceed to watch a video show about the plight of the Orang Utans and the rehabilitation efforts ongoing at the Centre. Walk ten minutes through the rainforest on wooden boardwalks to witness the feeding of the orang utans at 1000hrs then we continue to the newly completed enclosed nursery area for young orang utans. Thereafter visit the Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Centre to learn about conservation of the world’s smallest bear.
After lunch, transfer to Sandakan jetty for 2½ hours boat journey to the multi awards winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge along Sabah’s longest river, Kinabatangan with opportunity to view birds and wildlife. Take a river cruise using electric motor in search of wildlife and birds. Enjoy candle light dinner overlooking the riverbank followed by slide show and interpretation by naturalist guide. Stay overnight at the Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
Day 3: Sukau Rainforest Lodge
Take a 0600hrs morning river cruise up the Kinabatangan River to Kelenanap oxbow lake to view more birds and wildlife. After breakfast, proceed for an educational tour along our Hornbill Boardwalk located behind the lodge with our in-house naturalist. In the afternoon, we proceed for another river cruise for more wildlife. Stay overnight at the Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
Day 4: Sandakan - Transfer Out
After breakfast, return to Sandakan by boat journey. After lunch we will proceed to airport for the 1430hrs flight to Kota Kinabalu. For those taking the evening flight, we will have a chance to visit Rainforest Discovery Centre. Take a bird view of the centre from the canopy walk and hanging bridge, explore the botanical garden, home to various species of flora. Proceed to Sandakan Memorial Park for a short visit before taking the flight.
- per person twin share
- Valid for traveling from 01 April 2019
- 01 night at Selingan Island
- 02 nights at Superior room @ Sukau Rainforest Lodge Upgrade to Villa for RM380 per person
- RM600 Superior
- RM915 Villa
High Season Surcharge
- RM 168 at Sukau Rainforest Lodge (July-August)
- Every international adult guest who stays at Sukau Rainforest Lodge contributes MYR 20 for Conservation Contribution (CC).
- All rates are inclusive of 6% GST
- Please make sure that you travel light to Selingan Island.
- Flash photography and videography of turtles is strictly prohibited.
- Snorkeling gear is available for hire at a surcharge.
THINGS TO BRING
- swim wear
- sun block lotion
- personal toiletries
- insect repellent
- drinking water bottle
- walking shoes
Tour and transfer
Accommodation as specified
Meals as specified
Eglish speaking guide
Domestic airfare (Kota Kinabalu (BKI) – Sandakan (SDK) – Kota Kinabalu (BKI))
Tourism Tax (TTx) flat rate of RM10 per room per night
Items not mentioned