Explore Sabah’s fantastic nature on a 7 day safari with us, traverse the best parts including the nearby Tunku Abdul Rahman marine park islands, the Mount Kinabalu world heritage areas, turtle watching at Selingan island and round the trip off with 2 nights at the multi-award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge to experience the wildlife of Borneo.
Mount KinabaluTunku Abdul Rahman ParkGaya Island[SandakanSelingan IslandSukau Rainforest Lodge
- A brief city tour on your first day
- Enjoy a nature trek at Gaya Island
- Explore Kinabalu Park, a world heritage site and its surrounding area
- Watch turtles laying eggs onshore at Selingan Island
- 02 Nights stay at Sukau Rainforest Lodge, National Geographic unique lodges of the world. Travel by speedboat
- 02 afternoon river cruises and 01 early morning river cruise in search of Borneo’s wildlife and birdlife
- Nature walk along Hornbill Boardwalk and Attenborough Boardwalk to learn about the flora in the area and maybe even sight some wildlife and bird life.
- At Sukau Rainforest Lodge, enjoy a night safari river cruise through Kinabatangan River to spot nocturnal wildlife
- After breakfast in Sukau Rainforest Lodge, explore the elephant migration path on a 2-hour Rasig Wildlife Trek
- Experience the uniqueness of Gomantong Cave and its surrounding in search of wild orangutans and then witness the amazing bat exodus at dusk
Day 1: Kota Kinabalu - Night Market
Arrive in Kota Kinabalu and transfer to Hotel. We will pick you up in the evening for a brief sunset tour covering Signal Hill overlooking the city centre and the offshore islands. Visit the night market to bargain for the wide array of local spices, souvenirs, fruits and vegetables. Proceed to a restaurant for dinner before we return to your hotel.
Day 2: Gaya Island
Immerse yourself in a nature trek in Gaya Island, located 30-minutes by speedboat from Kota Kinabalu. Trek to one of the trail and learn about the unique medicinal plants, tropical hardwood trees and tropical Dipterocarp rainforest. After the trek, enjoy a packed lunch by the beach before venturing for a swim, a snorkel (rental surcharge) or simply laze away. A great way to dispel the jet lag as you’ll almost certainly be well relaxed and rested after this.
Day 3: Kinabalu Park World Heritage Site
Drive 2 hours overland to the foothills of Mt. Kinabalu at 1500m above sea level. Have a short stop at Pekan Nabalu market to savour local fruits in season. Visit the Education Centre and Mountain Garden in Kinabalu Park Headquarters. If weather permits, take a guided walk on one of the trails in the cool surrounding to explore the montane forest. Return to Kota Kinabalu and stay overnight in hotel.
Day 4: Sandakan - Selingan Island
Transfer to Kota Kinabalu airport for morning flight (40 minutes) to Sandakan and arrive before 0800 hours. On arrival, transfer to jetty for 1-hour boat ride to Selingan Island. Free at leisure to explore island, swim and snorkel. After dinner, wait for signal from the Park Ranger before proceeding to watch Green Turtle lay eggs on the beach, transplanting of eggs to hatchery and release of baby turtles to the sea. Stay overnight in Twin-Share room.
Day 5: Selingan Island - Sepilok - Sukau Rainforest Lodge
Return to Sandakan by boat. Transfer to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. We proceed to watch a video show about the plight of the Orang Utans and the rehabilitation efforts ongoing at the Centre. Walk ten minutes through the rainforest on wooden boardwalks to witness the feeding of the orang utans at 1000hrs, and then we continue to the newly completed enclosed nursery area for young orang utans. Thereafter visit the Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Centre to learn about conservation of the world’s smallest bear
After lunch, transfer to Sandakan jetty for 2½ hours boat journey to the multi awards winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge along Sabah’s longest river, Kinabatangan with opportunity to view birds and wildlife. Take a river cruise using electric motor in search of wildlife and birds. Enjoy candle light dinner overlooking the riverbank followed by slide show and interpretation by naturalist guide. Stay overnight at the Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
Day 6: Sukau Rainforest Lodge
Take a 0600hrs morning river cruise up the Kinabatangan River to Kelenanap oxbow lake to view more birds and wildlife. After breakfast, proceed for an educational tour along our Hornbill Boardwalk located behind the lodge with our in-house naturalist. In the afternoon, we proceed for another river cruise for more wildlife. Stay overnight at the Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
Day 7: Sandakan - Transfer Out
After breakfast, return to Sandakan by boat journey. After lunch we will proceed to airport for the 1430hrs flight to Kota Kinabalu. For those taking the evening flight, we will have a chance to visit Rainforest Discovery Centre. Take a bird view of the centre from the canopy walk and hanging bridge, explore the botanical garden, home to various species of flora. Proceed to Sandakan Memorial Park for a short visit before taking the flight.
- per person twin share
- Valid for traveling from 01 April 2020 until 31 March 2021
- 03 nights at Dreamtel Hotel or similar
- 02 nights at Superior room @ Sukau Rainforest Lodge
- 01 night at Selingan Island
- RM893 Superior
High Season Surcharge
- RM 168 at Sukau Rainforest Lodge (July-August)
- RM 30 per room per night at Dreamtel (15 July – 31 Aug 2019, 01st-07th Oct 2019, 24th Dec 2019 – 01st Jan 2020, 23rd Feb – 28th Feb 2020)
- Every international adult guest who stays at Sukau Rainforest Lodge contributes MYR 20 for Conservation Contribution (CC).
- All rates are inclusive of 6% GST
- Please make sure that you travel light to Selingan Island
- Flash photography and videography of turtles is strictly prohibited.
- Snorkeling gear is available for hire at a surcharge.
THINGS TO BRING
- swim wear
- sun block lotion
- personal toiletries
- insect repellent
- drinking water bottle
- walking shoes
Tour and transfer
Accommodation as specified
Meals as specified
Eglish speaking guide
Domestic airfare (Kota Kinabalu (BKI) – Sandakan (SDK) – Kota Kinabalu (BKI))
Tourism Tax (TTx) flat rate of RM10 per room per night
Items not mentioned